Sorry for the lapse in blogging. I have been out of town for work. again...
This time of the year is busy for us since Mr. In Charge thinks it's a great idea to combine a managers meeting, a national sales meeting all together with our biggest trade show of the year. It makes for two very tiring weeks. Yes, including the weekend.
And to make matters worse the hubby had to leave on Sunday to fly out so the pups were in the kennel from Saturday to Tuesday. : ( I hate boarding them. They're gettin' old you know!
So I was in San Antonio for these lovely meetings, etc. Yes, I was in Texas when SNOW came through! Really? People I can get that at home!! Show me some love! Give me heat!!
Ok, well only Houston got snow but it was colder than... than... well I don't know what. But it was cold for Texas. It was actually funny to watch the morning news. The headlining story for three days straight was the cold weather and possibility of snow. I think the last time they got any good accumulation was back in the 50's or something.
I actually heard this on the traffic report:
"It's going to be a very cold day out there. Remember, you're going to need your heater on for the commute!"
Seriously? She had to remind people to turn on the heater in their car?? I understand if you're not used to snow and extremely cold weather, but I'm pretty sure most smart people will figure out to turn on the heater if they get cold. Or maybe they'll just think to bundle up in lots of blankets... in their car. Geesh!
By the way - the record breaking lows were in the 30's. Yet one more thing to laugh at.
So according to the news I get the impression that people aren't too smart in that part of the country. However I will say that they were all exceptionally polite. (and they really didn't seem that slow to me...) I went running and everyone smiled and gave me a nod. Of course they're probably wondering what in the hell I was doing out running in the FREEZING COLD and all. I was in a long sleeve and capri pants and was quite comfy. (as I was running past people walking to the bus stop in Arctic parkas. no kidding...)
And I can also attest to the fact that San Antonio is THE place for margaritas. So much so that I fear I might have to take a break from them for a while. Not a lifetime ban, like whiskey... or bourbon... But I don't think I'll be touching another margarita until at least the spring!
1 comment:
"lifetime ban on whiskye...bourbon" Ha Ha Ha
Post a Comment