Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Whew!

Sorry I've been out of touch lately. Dad's here so that means home remodel time!! I kept is "easy" this time. Ok, "easier"....

Here's what we've done so far:
- removed chair rail and wallpaper from living room
- painting living room
- painted dining room
- painted family room
- painted stairway
- replaced molding in living room (floor and windows)
- replaced molding in dining room (floors and windows)
- replaced molding in family room (floors and windows)
- purchased an assload of pictures and...
- hung pictures on wall (the first things we've had on the wall in this house... in over 5 years..)
- took some artwork I bought in Egypt almost TEN YEARS AGO to get custom framed so I can finally use them
- added 2 rows of tile above the tub where the contractors screwed it up a few years ago
- ordered a sideboard to use in the kitchen so I can get rid of an old thing that was all function, no form
- rearranged furniture in dining room
- by doing the above was able to create a true reading/ music room (that also has to act as David's winter workout room. I can't have everything!!)

To do within the next week:
- build and mount headboard
- hang remaining pictures purchased

To do in spring:
- paint and install new front door and screen (that has already been purchased and is biding it's time in the basement)

Left to do to the house when budget allows:
- new windows throughout
- new carpet for stairs and bedrooms
- wood floor for living/ dining room

And I'm convinced we're living on borrowed time with our furnace so I might as well add that to the list.

At least the roof was new when we moved in!!

Whew!

Thanks Dad!!

2 comments:

MadHatter said...

Did you even have time for Christmas? Post some pics soon.

eyeheartorange said...

pics, please!