Monday, August 23, 2010

A start

I'm still waiting on getting photos from the hubby so I'll catch you up on the topics of this past weekend that have no accompanying pictures.

First I'll identify the nicknames:
"Hollywood"  aka "Don Johnson" aka My brother-in-law
"The Agent" aka my sister-in-law's longtime boyfriend
"Blondie" aka my sister-in-law
"Dancing Queen" aka my hubby's gay Uncle M

The wedding was at an inn in Kennebunkport, Maine.  Beautiful place.  And if it sounds familiar to you it might be because the former president's family has a huge compound there and vacation there often. 

The happy couple got married outside, by the water - a tidal river that crept off the Atlantic ocean.  (From a photo only one might mistake it for Mount Pleasant, SC....  except it was much cooler than SC this time of year.)  After the "I do's" there were appetizers and drinks outside on the lawn directly adjacent to the nuptials location while the remaining professional photos were being taken of the wedding group. 

While we were out enjoying our beverages by the water a small boat went by.  We didn't take much notice of it until we realized there was a similar, all black boat right behind it with "US Secret Service" on the side.  That's when we caught a glimpse of bush.  The former president George H. W. Bush!!!  (get your minds out of the gutter!!  : )  It was obvious it was a wedding on the lawn and he was nice enough to wave at all of us!  (but my camera was not close...  darn it!!)

So I'll skip over Hollywood's suite pants and The Agent's underwear. Because They are part of the same story that requires pictures. But don't worry - I'm not going to show you pictures of underwear...


The Agent apparently has this drinking game that in order to play you have to be part of "the club". I made the mistake of accepting an invitation to join this "club". There's one rule: You get caught drinking a beverage with your dominant hand (my right) then you must immediately chug said beverage. It could be water or milk - but that's not very fun.

In my case it was a dirty martini during the wedding reception.

Twice.

Needless to say I could have easily been the "Dancing Queen" as easily as a sober Uncle M really is the "Dancing Queen". 'Cuz there were also a few G&T's imbibed as well. I just didn't get caught with those in my right hand....

And after many dirty martini's for Blondie and a glass of champagne for the Dancing Queen they looked as though they were trying out for SYTYCD... Or so said my MIL who said she was going to send in video of all three of us to the competition.... Wait - there might a photo to accompany this story... I'll look.

The wedding was on Friday so most everyone headed home on Saturday.  It took us about 6 hours to get to the wedding.  So we assumed it would take us that long to get home. 

Nope!

It took us nine and a half hours to get home!!  We went 25 miles in about 3 hours on a stretch of interstate in Massachusetts.  We couldn't figure out what was wrong.  A terrible car wreck??  Construction??

Nope. 

There was an air show at an airport right beside the interstate.  As soon as we passed the exit to get off for the airshow the traffic picked right back off as though NOTHING had happened!!!  But we still don't know why traffic had slowed to a crawl!  There was no accident, no fender bender, no cops directing traffic, not even traffic to get off on the exit to the show!!  So apparently for 25 miles people were rubbernecking at the planes overhead.  That's all we can figure.  What a pain in the ass!!!

Sorry - but you will have to wait for the other stories and accompanying photographs.  I'll try to get to it soon!!!

And BTW - MH - Once I start posting some pictures you'll probably NEVER forget that I married into an Italian family.  There's no mistaking it once you see "The Family"....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It took us 3 hours to drive from Vail to Denver on the way home from our last vacation. Why? We still have no idea. Oh, and thanks for the purse suggestions.