Thursday, September 16, 2010

Try to Tri

My brain has been all over the place these last few weeks.  I just realized I never posted pictures from the family wedding.  And now I feel it just wouldn't be funny anymore.  One of those you-had-to-be-there kind of things....

And I've been posting random things on the blog...  I realized I posted the oh-so-flattering picture of me in the goggles.  Did I even mention that I'm going to start training for a triathlon??  I can't even remember.  If I didn't tell you I'm tell you know.  If I already told you I'm sorry for repeating myself.  (ok, I'm not really sorry...)

(and think - I'm losing my mind and I don't have kids!!  Clearly a sign that I could not function with them...  I'll leave it to you fabulous multi-taksers to keep the world populated for the rest of humanity.)

I have purchased 3 one-on-one sessions with the tri-training at our Y.  (this is sounding very familiar.  I'm going to go back in my blog just to make sure I haven't already told you this....) 

A-HA!  I have told you.  Back on Sept. 3rd.  I wasn't completely committal on it at that point, though. 

So I will tell you that I DID join the YMCA.  And I DID sign up for 3 session with the tri-trainer, Kelly.  Those session will be spent in the pool teaching me the proper and safest way to swim laps in order to prepare for a triathlon.  (I just noticed in spell check that I've been spelling it triathalon and apparently the correct way is just triathlon....  I really think it's missing a syllable...)

Anyhoo... 

I was talking to "This Is It" - (ha!  for a second there I thought her acronym would be TIT!  wouldn't have that been a hoot!!  Too bad - it cracks me up so that's it.  I'm using it.) - and she's a crazy Canook that is participating a weight lose contest at her gym(and blogging about it.  I added her to the other blogs).  I say kudos to her!  She is a swimmer and I was relaying - no, lamenting - my swim suit purchase experience this past weekend.  She was very sympathetic.  I appreciated that. 

So once I get in the pool and learn what in the heck I'm supposed to do my plan is to do the 6am spinning class M/W/F and swim in the mornings on T/Th.  We'll see how that goes.  The spinning classes might get slimmed down to only once or twice a week.  Or maybe I should ease into them slowly so I don't kill myself.  Anyone who's been to a spinning class knows that can really kick your arse!  Although TIT loves them!! (but does concede they wear her out too.)

Hopefully by the end of winter I'll feel more comfortable about this swimming thing and will be confident enough to pick a tri to do. 

Speaking of tris - we actually have a 70.s here this weekend.  That is a half Ironman.  It consists of 1.2 mi swim, 50 mi bike, and 13.1 run.  These people must be nuts!  (not say anything of those that do full Ironmans!!!)  And of course my tri-trainer is participating in the 70.3!!  Which means she's going to totally kill me in training!  I just know it!

All I have to say is BRING IT ON, KELLY!!

No comments: