Sunday, July 31, 2011

only 7 years

Today is our 7th anniversary. For those of you that were able to be there - yes - that was SEVEN years ago!! Madhatter looked so AWESOME that I was too stunned to say anything (cuz the last time I saw her was when she was WAY preggers at Sweet Teas wedding....) speaking of Sweet Tea - she was preggers with her first at our wedding.... and I believe her hubby (my bff in HS) had just flown into town from Orlando and he had to change in the car!!) How time flies now that I get to hear fantastically funny stories about their kids!

So today the hubby and I decided to go mt biking , out to eat and then sit and partake of the "Northeast Jazz and Wine Festival" that has been taking place this weekend. The mt biking was ok. But I was wheezing (forgot to pre-emptively take asthma meds...) and had about the WORST heartburn/ acid reflux I've had in a looog time. Add to that the humbling of how out of shape I am and I had to call it quits after 30mins. If I had had something for the heartburn ON me I would have gone on longer. But I was burpy and felt like I had an exposed jalepeno lodged in my throat. The hubby has NEVER had heartburn. (Lucky bastard...) so he was trying to empathetic.... but I don't think he truly got it. I felt awful!! And I felt awful for cutting our ride short. But he was sweet about it.

We came home, showered and I napped with NASCAR for a bit before we headed out to an early dinner downtown. We are now sitting in downtown Syracuse, in our camp chairs (and me, accidentally in my "house" crocs.. duh!) Listening to awesome jazz. I tasted some wine in the wine tent to kill a little time. But we're waiting for the main event. I don't know lots about jazz but I know the sax player in the main event is from Tower of Power. And them I know!! (Thanks to hanging out/ dating a bunch of sax players in high school...)

NOTE: it's surprising that I didn't end up marrying a sax player, given my history in HS. Although to the hubby's credit, he DID play sax in middle school... who knew?!?!

So here we are with music playing in the tent behind us, watching this (seemingly homeless) person and his goat. On a leash. In the middle of the square in Syracuse. Go figure.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

emily said...

Yes, I'm equally surprised you didn't marry a sax player--but I like the one you ended up choosing!!!