Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cats unite for common cause

Well, I'm back at work today feeling MUCH better, thank you. Sitting around in your own funk for two days is not pleasant - as I'm sure you all have had to endure at some point.

This week David and I broke down and hired a house cleaner. Before you're tempted - don't. Don't judge. I've already gotten a "judgement" from one person already. I don't need you too.

We're busy. very busy. Although last week and the upcoming 2 months are relatively slow, the rest of our life is run at about 90+ mph. I'm pretty sure that you need to slow down to at least 60 mph to manage to clean your own home. We can most of the time (although not always) manage to "straighten". The time consumed to straighten (which must preceed cleaning) takes all the time we have. We have not had time to "clean". Obviously "clean" is very important. So we sourced it the "cleaning" bit.

I was worried about how this would work out. In the past when we've had someone come in to clean it was one person... and it took her a few hours to make it through the house. Before David didn't work from home. I didn't want it to interfere with his work. However, David told me that Martha and SIX other ladies came in and cleaned the whole damn house in about 45 minutes! WOW!

The cats, however, were not thinking "wow". According to David they were thinking something more along the lines of "what the f--k!" All four cats- yes, all four - cowared together in the same spot in the basement during the mass cleaning. David had gone down the basement for something and found them all huddled together, looking up at him with their "what the f--k?" faces on. Never have all four cats joined together for a common cause. At best three of them get together and gang up on Cabby.

The cats are just going to have to be traumatized. I don't care. I have a clean house. Not a straightened house, but a CLEAN house! YEAH Martha and her ladies!!!

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Good for you. I want to hire a cleaning person and I have an apartment. I might do it too.

Anonymous said...

I do not judge you--I am envious of you. It is my dream to have a house cleaner--hell, I'd really like if we could have a wife just to handle most of the cooking and laundry but Utah is just too far to move! If I make National Board this year I am at least getting the house cleaned one good time before the baby comes!TB