If I was able to post pictures I'd have a great one for you. Imagine this - our family room bare of furniture except sofa and TV (all other coffee tables, lamps, everything - out of the room.) My dad sitting on the sofa, watching TV - with plastic bags tied to cover his feet.
Yeah - strange, isn't it?? Well, here's the story behind that scene:
Since we're having T-day at our house this yer we decided to get the carpets cleaned prior to everyone showing up. (they needed it BAD!) So, Monday dad and David move all the furniture on carpets to places off carpets. Essentially everything was stuffed in the kitchen and the hallway. The poor dogs were gated into the hallway too. I called David at about noon and asked how it went.
D: they're done
J: great! how does it look?
D: great as usual and just reinforces how disgusting our carpets are
J: so, whatcha' doin'?
D: I'm sitting in the entryway with my laptop and the dogs
J: WHY?
D: They cleaned my office carpet and it's wet so I brought my laptop doqwn here and I can't fit in the kitchen
The poor guy had to finish working the rest of the day in the hallway. He's a good sport.
So - back to dad and his bagged feet. Since the carpet was wet the cleaning guy said to only walk on it with sneakers - nothing with a porous sole - until it was dry (which wasn't until this morning.) So dad decided it would just be easier to walk around in his sock feet with grocery bags tied over them. This is what I call the "West Virginia Way" which includes the more popularly known "Wal-Mart Bag as West Virginia Luggage". We're classy.
Lesson - don't further stress yourself out during the holidays by having Stanley Steamer clean your carpets so close to the actual holiday!
2 comments:
Mom made us wear those "shoes" our whole childhood. Don't you judge me.
Lord how that girl lies........
Those "bedrock babies" required the best that old Stride Rite had to offer, and she was once known to throw one of them out of a car window. It's a wonder we're not living in a homeless shelter.
Post a Comment