Ok, I've seen a few of those spy movies where the bad guys use torture methods to get information out of the good guys. You know, like jam something up under thier fingernails - or worse - pull them out altogether. Now, inherently I know that would hurt but I didn't know exactly how much it would hurt until just now.
I went to get our in-coming mail out of the wooden cubbies downstairs. As I slide my hand under the mail I felt several slivers of wood go up under my middle and ring fingernails. I pulled my fingers out of there so fast you would have thought there was a snake hiding in there! I squeezed my fingers until they were blue - both to ward off bleeding and excrutiating pain. I kinda worked... You know when something hurts so bad that your stomach does a little flip? Yeah, that happened to me. I had to stand there a minute and compose myself before I even dared to climb the stairs back to our office.
When I got upstairs and told Connie what happened you could see a red line in the bed of my ring finger - it went HALF WAY down the pink part. That's how far that freakin' piece of wood went. Thank god nothing got stuck in there. What's worse - Connie informed me I'm not the first that's happened to here in our office. Dom did it a while back too - except he did get a lovely little splinter. Connie called the building oweners to tell them they needed to fix it when it happened to Dom. Apparently they hadn't fixed it yet. She was very eager (too eager, if you ask me :) to call them up and tell them that someone else did it again - please fix it now.
Yes, please - FIX IT NOW!
2 comments:
When people get frostbite their fingernails fall off... and sometimes I have to pull them.
Ew. I had to share that with Cathy and Sara here in the office. They dont' like me anymore. They're a bit squeemish and did not appreciate your information. (but I HAD to share it with someone!)
Post a Comment