Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New addiction...

Ok, so I'm a little late on techno wagon...

I've perused ebay on occasion. I've even bought something off of it. (for my dad... he wanted this very specific creel for x-mas a few years back and I could only find it on an ebay store...) But I have now gone the next step....

Yes folks - I'm now officially selling things on ebay.

But out of, what to call it??
shame? no, that's not really it. (especially if I end up making some coin at it!! : )

embarassment? no, that's not really it either... I don't think...

but anyway - I'm not telling you what ID I'm using so you won't know what I'm selling.

It all started because I'm drowning in all the "stuff" in my house. I started to gather things for a garage sale I've already scheduled for June 14th. I started looking at some of the stuff and realized that a few things are pretty nice!!! It's just that I'm not utilizing them and their taking up precious space in my house!

I thought - too bad I won't get the money that stuff is worth at a garage sale.

Then it hit me.... I ought to put it on Craig's list or something. Or better yet!! Ebay!!!!

So, I just started listing a few things. I don't see this as a long term thing - I only have a few "nice" things that I was hoping to get a bit more money for than I would at the garage sale. I mean really - the packing up and shipping wouldn't make this a practical endeavor for the majority of what I have anyway...

5 comments:

MadHatter said...

I too have sold on EBAY. I have to save most of that for the summer when I have the time to check throughout the listing and ship promptly, etc....
I sell my mother's divorce jewelry and give her half of the money!!! Its a win-win. And I say I'm no longer bitter.

Sweet T said...

I've wanted to, but not sure how...haven't really tried to find out, however. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Trading a few pieces of stuff for cash makes tons of sense (cents!) to me! We have a local EBAy type thing with our school district and that has been working well for me!

By the way, what's a creel?

Zoo Keeper said...

Ah, ST - don't fish, do ya? A creel is the thing you throw your fish in once you caught them but aren't yet ready to call it a day. I suppose you still use it to transport your fish too. (I don't fish either....)

Well, after one night of posting only 3 things I have one "watcher" on an item... and seeing as I posted three of the "lesser" items I had (to practice with) I guess that's good.

Is it MH???

MadHatter said...

Win some, lose some...not exactly a help am I? If you have anything that is a little unique or collectable you'll get some guy still living with his mom on it in less than 30. And, no I don't fish, but wouldn't a cooler work too?

Sweet T said...

those of us with boats, call them "live wells"...a no, I don't fish.