Friday the hubby and I went to a vegan restaurant with my girl KVeg (aka Crazy Pet Lady). It was great - we were there there for vegan pizza nite. Ever had vegan cheese? Actually it was fabulous! I would have never had guessed!
Anyway, as the hubby was paying for all the food at the counter KV and I were at the table commenting on the great decorating of the vegan cafe. There was this great articulating lamp perched over our table that I loved!
KV: isn't this lamp awesome?
me: yeah! that would look great by our leather chair!!
deafening silence.
I think I heard crickets chirping. I swear I think everyone in the cafe was staring at me. I was in the middle of PETA-types and I just yelled out that I have a leather chair.
Not my proudest moment.
Here's a word of wisdom to anyone heading out to a vegan restaurant who's not vegan- keep your comments about your leather furniture to yourself.
7 comments:
Holy shitballs, Batman, now that's funny! Probably felt like you were wearing a pink condom on your head, huh?
He he he. Only you Julie. Only you. At least you didn't blurt out how great the 'steak' you had last night or how much you 'enjoyed' D's 'sausage.' LOL
I thought about leaving a comment, but there is no way I am going to be able to top Sara's comment! LOL!!!!!
What's worse is that I prior to the outting I had already gone to great pains to remove my cowboy boots and swap watches to avoid wearing leather into the place. I even joked with KV that I'd park down the street so know on would know that we drove our car with dead animal skin in it...
Too funny. Really no way to save that, but thanks for letting us laugh at your pain.
HILARIOUS! I would totally do the same thing.
Don't they know that PETA is actually an acronym for
P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals?
We had a vegan friend that wore leather(belts and shoes)and so one day I asked him how he justified that and it had apparently never occured to him what leather was. WTF?
Post a Comment