I watched the inauguration today. I feel very hopeful for our future.
I won't get all politco on y'all - but I'll say this:
I was moved.
...probably to tears if I'd been at home by myself. (I'm a sap like that) But I wasn't. And I wasn't going to start cryin' at work because they probably think I'm unstable enough as it is. You might agree that Obama's speech warranted a tear or two but you don't know my office.
And even though Bush isn't my kind of politics I do have to say that I did feel sorry for him when he got such a weak applause during the ceremony. I mean really - from the station I was watching it sounded as though, of the 2 million people present, only 200 gave a sorry golf clap. Even 200 of 2 million isn't 27% .... (approval rating, that is...)
But I digress....
A new chapter in history. Let's hope with it comes the change and hope we all need right now.
3 comments:
I thought it was beautiful, too.
i was home alone, so i was moved to tears. it's all so exciting and promising and hopeful!!!
agreed. aside for bush's unapologetic reign, i have to admit he showed a great deal of grace during the whole affair.
Post a Comment