Monday, March 15, 2010

Product Review: Revlon's version of the Ped-Egg

I recently purchased Revlon's version of the Ped-Egg. 
This is the original Ped-egg in case you're not familiar:


It's that handy-dandy pedicure implement which allows you to literally "grate" dead skin off of your feet.  I got it about 2 weeks ago.  It's GREAT!  Indeed, it does slough off the dead skin.  Although my feet are not bad by most standards (if I do say so myself... especially for a runner!)  However I was starting to get the "scratchy" heel syndrome.  Y'all know what I mean, right??  At night I could feel my dry heels on the sheets.  I can't stand that, thus prompting me to get this neat little device.  (that and I had a coupon...)

Last night I decided to give myself a quicky pedicure.  I grabbed the "scrubber" and went to work again on my heels. 

WARNING:  It is possible to slough off too much skin!!!!

I didn't even realize it at the time.  I went a little to wild, thankfuly only on one foot.  I put on cream and then I was reading in bed.  I moved and my heel felt really tender.  That's when I took a look and saw the redness.

(see the slight red patches?  I know it doesn't look like much...)

Yowzers!!!  It's sore to walk today. 

I highly recommend this or the "real" Ped-egg.  Just be careful you don't overdo it like I did!!

2 comments:

MadHatter said...

Does it shed badly? I have an original ped egg, but I always end up with stuff every where--operator error?

WanderingGirl said...

Jesus, woman! Lay off! You shouldn't be red, none the less have craters! I have a ped-egg on a stick so I don't have to bend over so far. Next time, just chip away at the problem. And do weekly maintenance...