Friday, April 09, 2010

Library Crazy!!!

Can I emphasize exactly how crazy I am about the library?!?!?!?  And my Nook?!??!?!?


I have always been a reader.  Granted, there was a time I was only reading smut - so I'm not sure that really counts.  But as soon as I could string a few letters together I've had my nose in books.  (my to the detriment of some of my relationships...) 

That alone should explain my fascination with the library.  and my Nook.  But combine those two things together and ...

JACKPOT!!!   Reading gold!!!

I have become a library fool since figuring out how to "borrow" ebooks from the library and putting them on my Nook to read.  This is fantastic!!!  I've always loved my Nook but I was trying to watch how much $$ I spent on books since I got it.  I've only spent the $30 gift card that the hubby got me with it to purchase books.  I have been trying to keep myself occupied with freebies through Barnes&Noble.  But I was quickly reaching my limit.  A girl can only read so many "classics" at a time.  My brains needs to be able to scan the pages written in modern English on occasion as to not make my brain explode. 

Since joining the local library last Friday I have sped through a trashy romance novel and am currently reading The Lovely Bones.  Not exactly what I expected but great nonetheless.  Including the one I'm reading I have 5 books checked out.  I get them for 14 days.  no problem.  I average a book about every 3-4 days.  (unless, of course, it's The Count of Monte Cristo....)  Did I mention I stayed up until 3am reading the other night??  Without a book I'm in bed between 9 and 10.  If I'm in the middle of a great book I read it until it's finished.  (headaches aren't an issue at our house..  it's more like "sorry dear, in the middle of a good book...)

Here's my perplexing question.  If I love reading so much how come I completely lost intrest in reading during college????  not kidding.  I really could have exerted myself a LOT more during that time of my life.  Maybe I was all read out???  Good thing I ended up with a job anyway...

Right now I'm just borrowing books wily nilly since there is a limited selection available.  Or, as I'm finding out, most are available online in audio book format.  Which is nice - but I want to read it, not listen to it.

Anther question...  How do people read 3 and 4 books at one time???  I know plenty of people that are "in the middle of" several books all at once!  I can't fathom that.  Technically I suppose I have 2 books going right now.  But one is a "reference" book on personal finance (I'm brushing back up on long term investments) and the other is my "fun" book, The Lovely Bones.  (although it's not really "fun" per se...)

Once I read a book I usually can't remember it 3 months later.  (sometimes just 3 weeks later...)  That's it!  I've got it! 

I'm a sieve!! 

It just goes right through me!  That's why I can read so much and not get "filled up" by it!!  Remind me not ever to dye my hair blonde.  I'm pretty sure the dye would further open up my brain....

2 comments:

emily said...

You've inspired me to get a membership to our library. I've been meaning to do that since we moved here.

Zoo Keeper said...

Great!! Nothing's better than free books!!! and movies!!!