Friday, April 16, 2010

Made it!

I made it through the week!!  What a doozy!  I'm going home and having a fat glass-o-wine!

This week the hubby and I decided that we both need to start:
  • Getting up earlier in the morning
  • Working out (again)
Based on this premise I suggested yesterday that we start getting up earlier in the morning and officially start our half marathon training.  (Did I mention that the hubby said he'd run one with me if I decided to do another one??  Trust me, I'm as shocked as you are!)

After a little grumbling he agreed.  I used the "smart coach" on runnersworld.com and got us a nice and slow training schedule.  Probably on the easy side for me (since I've run one) and probably a little challenging for him (since he hasn't run in a looooong time.)  I have us starting next week and our first run isn't until Tuesday.  (which, BTW, I will start us running/ walking, a minute on/ off so I don't kill him...)  I suggested we start getting up a little earlier each day until then and get our bodies more used to it.  So today I got us up around 6:20 and we walked about 2 miles together. (about 32 minutes)  The point was not to "train" but to start waking up earlier and get moving. 

Ok, so we're making progress.  But honey, if you're reading this, if you tell me to slow down walking one more time I'm gonna drop you from my training schedule like a bad habit.  If you thought keeping up with me walking was hard just wait until we add a bounce to it....

In all fairness he was just a little whiney at the beginning and was fine by the end.  I suppose I'd be a bit cranky too if I hadn't woken up early to train for something since, say, college....

If you noticed, I have tried to add some widget to the right side of my blog.  The idea was to get you guys to post what your workout is going to be and then check back in with details - like did you do it??  How'd it go??  I'm not sure this is the best widget but it's all I could find for the moment.  Plus, when I try and swap my questions around to make chronological sense it won't do it.  So if you have any better ideas please do share!!!  Do I need to just start a new blog? (but then I thought that would get cumbersome...  we're all busy and don't have time to roam through a bazillion blogs all the time...)  So let me know!!  I'm open for change!

No comments: