Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Bad Habit

I'm pretty sure that I was one of only a few college freshman (maybe the only??) to show up at Johnstone Hall with an espresso machine.  Really- I did.  I must have made 4-5 cappucinos a day.  ( in addition to the 4-5 Cokes out of the machine down the hall - but that's another story.)  I fondly recall the "Coffee Shop" downtown too.  Unfortunately I don't think it's there anymore... and I hear there's a Starbucks somewhere around campus now.  Poo!

After a few years I ditched the espresso and cappucinos for wine.  (wow, am I a snob, or what???)  I don't know exactly what happened to the espresso machine.  All I know is that it's long gone by now.

Over the years I haven't drank much coffee.  But since moving to this job over 4 years ago I have upped my java intake.  And it has especially spiked since we go the Keurig machine about 18 months ago.  I still drink a lot of tea - but I've noticed over the past 6 months the tea has taken a backseat to that dark, rich luscious brew.

Now that the hubby and I are getting up early I decided last night to break out the coffee machine I keep for when dad visits.  It's a nice Krups.  (I go all our for dad - only the best!  or at least what he consideres the best....  you know, like Bud Lite in bottles...)  It has that nifty programmable feature on it.  So I took full advantage.  That baby was brewing at 5:45 this morning.

The issue?  I'm still drinking just as much coffee at work.  Not only am I pretty sure this isn't that good for me - ingesting all this caffine - but I'm pretty sure it's not good for my teeth either.  Or these invisaligns. 

OMG!  On another note - as I'm sitting here writing this I'm absently scratching at my chin.  I just realized my chin whisker is back!!!

AAAHHHHHHHH!!

Excuse me while I go to the restroom and wrestle it out of it's folicle.

1 comment:

emily said...

I think it appropriate this string of consciousness sounded highly caffeinated . . .