Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If I don't post anymore...

it's because I had the stupid idea of having my LS and her two sisters over to the pool tonight to swim*.

*Swimming, though, apparently not like you and I define the term.  I think they believe they can swim because they get in the water.  Not the actual ability to paddle around, feet not touching the ground, head above water, of their own power.

I may not make it through this evening alive.  That or one of them will accidentally drown and I'll be thrown in jail for involuntary manslaughter or some such thing.

I actually thought this would be a good idea to get all three girls out of the house.  The closer we get to "swim time" the more I'm starting to realize what a terrible idea this may have been....

4 comments:

emily said...

file this under: good idea at the time. hope all works out.

WanderingGirl said...

What the hell is an LS?

WanderingGirl said...

Never mind. Duh. Just read post below.

MadHatter said...

You are doing a wonderful thing. A lot of my students can't swim b/c they do not have either access to the pool/river/lake and/or someone who can teach them. Try taking on just the LS sometime and teaching her to swim or doing swim lessons somewhere with her. That could totally change her family line.