Wednesday, July 21, 2010

End of an era

Funny lady is retiring.    She gave us her notice last week and her last day will be August 18th.  She's worked here 18 years.

So please forgive me if I go bat-crazy in August.

She looks and acts like she's in her 50's.  The oldest someone thought she was was 63.  Truth is she's 70 and a half.  She deserves to kick back and enjoy the rest of her life.

She's worked her whole life and retiring was a big decision for her.  She told me and my boss at the same time that she was retiring.  She cried three times during our conversation.  I think she's a little mixed about it.

My boss:  So , what are you going to do with all your new free time??
FL:  (without skipping a beat, and through tears...) oh, I think I'll start pole dancing! 
(and continues to smile, laugh and cry at the same time.)

I'm going to miss that sense of humor!!!

No comments: