Thursday, February 10, 2011

101 Practical Uses for Panty Liners

Other than their original, intended purpose of course.

I've decided this would be the best book EVER.  Think about it!!  Think of all the women that have panty liners in their bathrooms. 

All pre-menopausal women have them because, well, because of their intended purpose.  And I'm guessing almost all post-menopausal women use them as pee pee catchers 'cuz it's less embarrassing buying panty liners than Depends....  Trust me - I've seen some ladies buying them that I'm positive are waaay past baby-carrying age.  Just sayin'.

And let's be real.  Don't you just love it when you find a new use for something you already have?  I especially love it when this happens in the kitchen and I don't have to buy a new gadget.  (Don't worry - I think I'll still prefer using a kitchen towel or Bounty to sop up a spill versus a panty liner. Although if in a pinch....)

So help me out.  I have three to get us started.

1.  My good friend, Ms. Lib, uses them as an anti-chaffing mechanism in some of her shoes.  When we were getting ready to walk all day at Disney I caught her wrapping the ball of her foot in a panty liner before putting on her sneakers.  She explained her sneakers tend to rub a blister on her foot and the liner stays on way better than a band aid.  Band aids, and other things like it, tend to roll up and off and cause even more problems.  The liner stays put.  Ingenious!

2.  If I haven't mentioned it, I sweat.  A lot.  When it's hot, cold, I'm nervous, calm.  Doesn't matter.  This is definitely a problem when I have to wear a suit and wear a spaghetti-strap cami under the jacket.  You see where I'm going with this....

Yes, that's right.  I pinned panty liners with wings into the pits of my suit jacket.  Worked like a charm!

3.  I seem to remember a friend using them as shoe insoles to help with sweaty feet in shoes where you don't wear socks.  Adhesive to help stay in place, quick absorption of sweaty feet and odor control!  Plus they're easy and cheap enough to pull out, through away and replace with a new pair.

Any other fabulous ideas???

3 comments:

Sara said...

Idea #1
wallpaper for a padded room

Idea #2
unscrewing a lightbulb that's hot

Idea #3
luggage tags

Idea #4
coozie

Idea#5
coaster

MadHatter said...

to prop up the wobbly side of a table/chair/bookcase

as furniture movers...cotton-y side down

Christy said...

Is my wife "ms. Lib"? Because that is exactly what she does! It cracks me up (and uses MY pantiliners!). :)