Friday, February 25, 2011

Observation in Miami

This week I was in Miami Beach for work.  Tough, I know.  ; )

I went out running one afternoon.  Ok, jogging.  Ok, ok! You caught me.  I was "brisk, bouncy walking" on the boardwalk.  First time I'd been running in a month.  maybe more.... (it's been cold here!!)

I'm digressing with excuses.  What I'm trying to say is that I was people watching as I was hoofing it up and down the wooden planks.  It's Miami Beach so there were lots of retirees, little 'ol Jewish men and women,  and beautiful people, and not-so-beautiful people.  But there were a disproportionate number of gay men. 

I don't mean overtly feminine gay men.  I'm talking beautiful, pretty men.  Gorgeous men!  Men I only suspected were gay because they were strolling along with another man in a could-be-construed-as-a-romantic kind of way. 

And that got me thinking.  I have a soft spot for pretty men.  Especially back in high school.  I went through a "pretty boy" phase.  And as I was running, taking in the "scenery", I wondered how many crushes I had or how many kisses had I stolen from boys that were still in the closet?  I'm guessing quite a few...

Now that I'm married it's irrelevant.  But if I were still a single gal I suppose my new nickname could be Mercedes....

No comments: