Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I don't hang out with Stacey and Clinton

It's not that I don't want to dress cute.  Every once in a while I really do try and only end up reminding myself why it's safest for all if I just stick with my Eddie Bauer khaki's and LL Bean sweaters.

I have this cute simple dress that I picked up last year.  It's classy for the office but it has no sleeves.  No problem!  Cardigan!!  Even when I bought it I was thinking "Perfect!  I can wear it in the office with a cute cardigan now and throw some tights on with it when it gets cold!"  See - even I can think ahead!

But as I'm sure you've heard on the news - it's been a bit nippy here this year - even for us.  So I haven't pulled out the dress and tights yet.  But this morning it warmed up and with it being Valentine's Day I thought it would be a perfect occasion to break out a dress!

This dress is a three color block dress.  So for a little added visual oomph I decided to wear black tights with a cable knit pattern instead of just plain old black. 

In retrospect I should have left a pattern tight to a seasoned fashionista.

I spent TEN MINUTES trying to get the stripes of the cable knit pattern straight on my legs!!!  TEN MINUTES!!!

Finally I said screw it and just opted for the plain black.  Otherwise I never would have made it to work.  (I wasn't going to make it on time anyway...  this was taking so long I was bound to use up all morning on the stupid things...) 

I just wanted all of you to know that I actually have it in me to try to dress well.  But I apparently sabotage myself.... 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It took me an hour to get dressed for church on Sunday. I say give me one of everything in the Land's End catalog and I'm good.

Christy said...

I want to see pictures of this dress! It sounds adorable!