I have noticed some bad trends on FB:
- people posting their to-be-born child's ultrasound pictures. I find this a little weird. I can't exactly verbalize why. It's not that I don't want to see it, although I admit I'm not interested, but it seems a little personal to be sharing on FB.
- announcing to the world that your kid went pee pee or poo poo in the potty... today. And announcing such during the whole potty-training process. I'm excited for you that your kid is finally moving on to that next step. But must we announce every time they go?? Give them positive praise that they understand and can comprehend. Your kid doesn't understand your positive praise of their actions on FB. And I don't want to know about your kid taking a dump.
NOTE on above 2 bullets: DO share this on your blog!! This is the PERFECT venue!!! Because if I know you well enough to keep up with your blog I just might be interested in the intimate details of your pregnancy and your potty training skills. Which is true - I DO care about friends and family I keep in contact with. But it just strikes me as icky when I know so much about an extremely casual acquaintance from high school...
Now I'm all ears about funny/ stupid kid stuff!!! Like, if they fell in the "big" potty because their butt is too small and they insisted on using the potty "mommy and daddy" use!! Now THAT's funny!!!
I know I'm the queen to "too much sharing" but I'd like to think I at least post that stuff here. Not on FB....
Just sayin'
2 comments:
STFU Parents is a blog dedicated to this very topic!!!! Always amusing (and usually enough to put my friends' oversharing in perspective...some folks are kah-ray-zeee.....)
I love http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/ !!! That being said, I find it COMPLETELY weird to see the ultrasound pictures, especially the 3D ones. I don't like looking inside a uterus. I've not seen inside my own, and I don't want to see inside anyone else's.
Post a Comment