Go ahead. Ask me where we all had dinner for mother's day. You're not going to believe it.
First, a little background. The attendees were me, Cindy (m-in-law), Dave (f-in-law), Grandma Cusano and MaryBeth, Lucy and Mike - 3 more of Grandma's kids - my hubby's aunts and uncle. Got that? Notice anything weird?? Like NONE of Cindy's own children - birthed from her loins - were present??
Yeah, well, I had to do.
Courtney now lives in MI, Christopther is the poor, starving actor in NYC and my husband was at the NY State high school regatta in Saratoga Springs.
So we were supposed to have 4pm reservations at a great Italian place we all like. Once we got there it turns out it was an all day breakfast buffet. Ok, if this place was known for breakfast then I'd be game. But it's not. It's known for great Italian DINNER food. Not to mention that the buffet looked as though it had been sitting out all day. We were all dissapointed. This is NOT the place we know. We decided, against all odds, to wonder out and find a new place to eat.
Did I mention that not only was it mother's day, it was also graduation day for SU? Yeah. Trying finding somewhere to eat.
So my m-in-law made a suggestion. Since no one else opposed it - even Grandma - we went to Buffalo Wild Wing!! Wee-hoo!!
We had beer and wings for mother's day!!!! AND with Grandma!!!
You should have seen it - the 7 of us walking in, Uncle Mike escorting Grandma with her cane. yes folks - we are CLASSY!!!
It was great. I'll never forget it!
1 comment:
I at at BWW on a Single's Awareness Day once. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... wings and beer. If you can't have KFC and wine, it's the next best thing!
Post a Comment