I have a friend who moved from Kansas City to Denver a few months ago. Within 2 weeks of moving to Denver she's telling me about these 5 people she met here and 2 other people she met there, and her wine group.... the list went on and on.
SO finally I asked - where in the hell are you meeting all these people??? and so fast???
Ok, I may be a bit behind the times here - but she told me about meetup.com I had never heard of it. She told me I should check it out.
My first question: You know I'm married. I don't need to meet singles.
Apparently it's not a singles site - although I'm sure more than one couple has hooked up because of it....
I went on and looked to see what was around in my area and found an "adventure club". I'm game. I joined. This past weekend we all went biking/ rollerblading at the lake. Good group. Over Memorial Day weekend we're going on a waterfall hike. I'm very excited! I'm dragging David to that one with me.
(Don't get me wrong - I love rowing. But I'm really having a hard time meeting people my own age.)
I went on again to see what other groups were available and found that someone started a WINE group!! YEAH!!!!! The group is new. I'm member number 5. Does that make me a founding member??
So, if you're new to a place or just need a change of pace check it out!
Sorry Tiff - I'm not sure if there are any groups in Redneckville, NE.
1 comment:
Not unless there's a Carhenge Appreciation group. Oh, wait, there is. It's called "Friends of Carhenge." I'm signing you up.
Post a Comment