Thursday, May 24, 2007

San Fran Part 1

I was in San Fran for work for the past few days. It was very nice. Every morning we'd get up and take a long walk. And by long, I mean LONG.

Dom (from work) is a great guide. He took Kathy (from our Canadian office) and I all through the city - mostly walking. Did I mention that Dom's a runner? And used to run marathons... Thank god we were only walking and not running. I swear - they have streets steeper than the Rocky Mts.

The first place we stopped was at Pier 39 to see the sea lions. God are they funny! (and loud!!)
They kept on playnig king of the castle and knocking each other off the docks. At first you think they're fighting - but they're not. Some are trying to sleep while the others are making a ruckus. I don't know how they do it...
And then Chinatown! Dom took this picture with my phone. Why is it fuzzy? If you were standing in the middle of the street in Chinatown trying to take a touristy photo you'd shake too...
Ha! I just realized that Kathy looks like she's my height. She's not. (She's standing on the hilly part. )
And here is a shot up the street. I know, not a good pic. But these two weren't slowing their pace just for me to play tourist... I had to take what I could get!
Not exactly the shot I wanted... but as you can imagine there is all types of stuff strung in between the buildings... did you know that San Fran has the highest population of Chinese people outside of China?? There, don't you feel smarter already today?
We also had Saturday open so we reanted a car and headed to wine country. We stopped and drank Sonoma out of wine. Dom and I bought a case of wine and shipped it back to the office. A great Zin. I won't bored you with the details - but it was great. An afternoon in wine country, taking in the sight and tastes. If you haven't gone, go. It's worth it.
Stay tuned for Part 2. A road (running) race and naked people are involed. You don't want to miss it!

No comments: