You know - I thought I had grown out of that clumsy stage.... or at least thought it had settled down over the years. Not so. Within 30 minutes I had TWO instances where I thought I might need to go/ came really damn close to going to the hospital. only me....
The first time I was in the kitchen, still groggy from just waking up. I dropped a peanut butter pretzel sandwich (breakfast. what can I say?) on the floor and went to pick it up before Liam, the canine hoover, got hold of it. As I was bending down he started to stick his head in my way and I backed-up/ lifted me head at the same time to get out of his way and WHAM!! smacked the hell out of the back of my head on the corner of the countertop on the island. Damn that hurt!! I was certain I drew blood. but alas, I was fine. (after 5 minutes of cussing and jumping around, of course...)
I finally made it upstairs and got ready for work. Simple outfit - khaki skirt, cute sage green boatneck knit top and cute strappy mules. As I was walking down the stairs I got lazy and didn't pick my foot up all the way... caught my mule heel on the stairs and fell over sideways.
Now most of you are probably "so? grab the railing doofus. that's what it's there for". Yeah, well, you havent' seen my railing. Did I mention it's loose?? I DID fall into the railing. I heard wood snapping... Luckily my "inner goat" (thanks Tiff!!) kicked in and I got back my balance before I broke the railing off and went over the edge with it.
Note to self - move "fix railing" to top of to-so list. I'm certain next time it will completely break off.
2 comments:
Smooth move, Ex-lax!!!
That's right, I'm 12.
OMG - laugh until I cry... Why does it seem that everywhere you live you have a loose banister? Hmmm...
Post a Comment