Sunday, March 21, 2010

AMAZING!

I've had some amazing things happen yesterday.  I suppose everything is relative - but to me they were amazing.  Or it just doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

Sorry to rub it in Neda (maybe your recent adventure turned out better than those in the past??) - but I got a great new haircut Saturday morning.  Same gal cut it.  She always cuts it great but she did something a little different this time and I love it.  Actually Neda - I think I was inspired by our conversation to get something a little new.  Did I mention that I always schedule my haircuts for 8am on Saturday mornings?  I'm already up anyway, I don't have to pay for parking downtown - and since it's so early I don't have to worry about finding a spot right in front of the salon.

Maybe because I was in a good mood because of my hair but I decided to swing my Target on the way home to see if they had anything that would interest me for some mew spring clothes.  Yes, I said it.  I voluntarily went to Target.  To shop for clothes.  By myself.  Who knew?? 

I bought a boat-load of stuff at Target for only $160!!!  I know, I know - people have been raving about Target for eons now.  I've gotten a few bathing suits from there within the past few years that are awesome (and cheap!)  I always wander around but it's a little overwhelming for me to try and put together outfits.  Remember, I'm the one that must walk into a store, see it on the mannequin and get that exact outfit.  (ok, maybe I'll get it in a different color...)  For comparison, in the past, for $160 I could get a nice dress and shoes.  Or maybe a pair of slacks and a top.  (which might sound like a lot but seeing as how I hardly ever buy clothes I still don't spent squat on clothes in a year.)  Look at what I got a Target:
  • dress
  • 2 work tops
  • cardigan
  • 3 Tshirts
  • 2 pair shoes
  • pair of rain boots
I'm loving it!  But I will make one comment.  I usually spend $80 - $100 for a pair of shoes.  And those shoes usually last me 5+ years.  (I'm still wearing the same shoes I bought 5 and 8 years ago...)  I bought a pair of shoes at Target for $13!!!!!!!!  I can easily spend 13 for lunch!!  But I'll guarantee that this pair of shoes might not make it al the way through the spring/ summer season.  But for $13 who cares?!?!?

And the hubby rounded out my amazing day.  I got home from Target to an empty house.  : (  The hubby was at practice and then stopped over at his parents house.  While I was home and going through my Target spoils when it occurred to me that Twilight: New Moon was released that day.  Crap!!  Why didn't I pick it up when I was there?!?!?  I was actually contemplating running back out to get it.  But I got sidetracked.  When the hubby got home guess what he had!!!  NEW MOON!!!  He had stopped at B&N to get himself some new books and HE remembered that it was released yesterday!  AND he even watched it with me last night!!!!  Love him! (I think he's a keeper...)

I'm glad that yesterday was such a great day because today I have to wash two dogs and then hit the road for work.  Driving....  ugh...

4 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

And so the love affair with Target begins. Just wait until you start the drive-bys to see what's new on the clearance rack... I heart Target.

And I need a hair cut. And possibly a new stylist.

And plus 10 to the hubby. Twice.

The Coach's Wife said...

no worries - my appt on friday went *very* well! most of my hair is gone and it feels great. after five years of bouncing around from one to another and just "settling", i think i've finally found a stylist i'll keep. she knows her color and has a mean pair of scissors. plus, the conversation was intelligent and witty. i actually thought of your friend, KVeg, because this gal is vegan and only uses vegan products in her salon.

i, however, did not have the same shopping experience you had. but i'll live vicariously through you for now.

MadHatter said...

Ahh..the siren song of the Target.

MadHatter said...

oh...and totally random...email me, my addresses were all wiped out ;(