But alas, I cannot. First of all you couldn't walk around with your wine. *boo* Second of all, the museum is heavily anchored by a cermics collection. Ever heard of Syracuse China? Guess where it is (rather, was...) Here. So most of the basement is dedicated to ceramics. Which are nice, but I want to see paintings and sculptures. There was one gallery of mostly oils on canvas ca. late 1800's - 1940's. There was another "post modern" gallery of paintings, sculptures, etc from the 60's and 70's. And then there were two galleries of what I can only describe as colorful playground equipment. In two full galleries there were precisely three "sculptures"?? I don't know if you call painted aluminum tubing bent with large pieces of colored plexiglass a sculpture or not. (and I guess my crash course on Friday afternoon on art appreciation didn't help a lot...)
But that wasn't the news of the weekend. Nope folks. We decided, rather were forced, to clean out the basement on Saturday.
Remember this???
Well guess what happened Saturday morning. I got up to go to a rowing fundraiser with the hubby. We left the house about 7am. We got home around 12:30-1pm. I had just run upstairs and literally stepped in the shower. My hair wasn't even fully wet. When the hubby walked in and said those dreaded words "I think the sump pump broke again".
Sure enough, he had gone to the basement to get something and it was pretty much an EXACT repeat of what happened back in 2006. Except in 2006 the hubby wasn't home. So this was a new experience for him.
All we can figure is that it's been warm and there's been so much snow melt that the sump pump never got to turn off and burned itself out.
I call this "Vuja de". I think I've been there before. And I HAVE!!
So the FIL came over with the wet/dry vac again. And he helped again, clean the basement. Except this time we decided to do it right. We tossed all rugs. We even pulled up the carpet and tossed it. Everthing that touched the floor of the basement is now in our garage. I'm going to bleach mop the floor tonight and this weekend we're going to refloor it with that garage epoxy floor stuff.
But, as it turns out, we are finally cleaning out the basement of things we need to get rid of. Such as:
- the old fridge. (that bitch was hard to get out!! I forgot movers put it down there in the first place...)
- rusted weights for a bench the hubby no longer owns
- scratched desk top (the company sent the hubby a new one but we had nothing to do with the old one...)
- molding that's not usable for Habitat for Humanity store
- and how could I forget... the crapped-out sump pump
Sunday we pretty much laid around. We were tired. But last night, when I opened the pantry to get something I was overwhelmed with how badly I needed to reorg it. So I did. At 7pm I decided to run to Wally world to get a few organizational items. And wha-la. It's done.
Whew! I don't know how you people with kids do it. This completely wiped us out!
1 comment:
I would love a picture of an organized pantry...maybe I could steal a few ideas. My system includes this philosphy...canned goods on one shelf, boxes on another, etc but amazingly enough it isn't really "organized". So please, share!
Post a Comment