I was going snowshoeing!!
So what do I do but convince KVeg to go with me. Just so happens she owns a pair of brand-spankin' new snowshoes she received as a gift (a while back...) and has never used. As a matter of fact, she's never been showshoeing in her life.
HOW do you live HERE and NEVER have gone snowshoeing?!?!?!?!
Beats me.
The great thing about snowshoeing here is that it's MUCH CHEAPER than skiing. And by "skiing" of course I mean "downhill skiing". None of this cross country mumbo jumbo. I was able to rent a pair of snowshoes for $3 for the first hour. And only $2 for each additional hour, had I gotten to that....
I was actually in my shoes way before KVeg. Since she had never used hers before she had to adjust them all properly. I wish I had thought to take a picture of my rented snowshoes. 'Cuz they didn't look anything like KVeg's at all!! When you rent you get old school... like this:
So off we went. Just around a mile loop at a local nature park. It was a beautiful day! It was "hot" - in the low 40's. The sun was out - which it hardly is here.... I had a great time! It was decided that once around the loop was enough for the first time out. Next time I think I'll take the other trail which is "more difficult" and not recommended for beginners. (I have my Invisaglins in can you tell??)
And I took a few pictures too! If anything just to say I saw some sun!!!





5 comments:
ummmm...hate to admit it, but i lived in upstate NY for the first 25 years of my life and never once went skiing or snowshoeing!!! shame, huh?
although I think that I would actually like it.....who gives snow shoes as a gift??????
1 - my parents bought them for me for Christmas. I didn't ask for them, but was actually excited to try them out!
2 - what a horrible picture of me!
3 - I had fun, let's do it again!
4 - Miss Zookeeper...please fix your blog so that I get your updates on my dashboard. You have obviously screwed something up with your internet security obsession as of late. :-p
I'm from a warm climate and I think snowshowing as an activity is crazy...but as a math teacher I want to use your information regarding the cost of said crazy activity to create a linear equation with 2 variables next year!
couldn't you just watch the discover channel in high def to get a similar experience?
Post a Comment