Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thanks!

Thanks to Christy and Neda who offered to help me get up and get back into exercising! This will definitely be an experiment. I'm in NY, Neda is in FL and Christy is in CA. So if we can get this NO ONE has an excuse!!


  
My goal this week was to start getting up earlier and just do a 30 minute yoga video before getting ready for work. Here it is Tuesday and I'm embarrassed to say I have slept in both mornings. But that's going to change. If anything I should be guilted into getting started. Once I get moving in a program I usually keep with it pretty well. But in order to stay motivated I need a goal. It's after I complete my goal I fall off the wagon....

  
For those of us that want to work out first thing in the morning but are having a hard time getting going I read a few pointers:

  •  set up your coffee pot in the evening so it's ready to go - or even better, get it going ahead of time with a programmable machine
  •  lay out your workout clothes night before (I did this Sunday. but that's not enough to get me out of bed...)
  •  Get ready in a brightly lit room, preferably with fluorescent lights. It's will immediately signal your brain it's time to wake up and go. (because of this tip I set out my clothes in the guest room where I can go in, close the door, flip on the lights to get dressed.)

 
These tips were specifically geared towards getting up and running or lifting. But I think they'll work just fine to get my ass out of bed and downstairs to do yoga. I'm even considering bringing the coffee machine up out of the basement and actually using it. I'm not a coffee-at-home kind of girl. I only have the machine for dad. But luckily I bought a good one and it IS programmable!!

Maybe I should try and convince the hubby to move the coffee table out of the way for me when he's done watching TV at night. That way all I have to do it whip out my mat and go. Honey, if you're reading.....

 
I also want to apologize for my whining lately. I don't know what's gotten into me!!

 

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Dude, I SLEEP in my workout clothes if I'm doing a morning workout. That way I can get out of bed and just start moving. If I have to change clothes? No go. I also program the coffee pot even though I don't usually drink it, just because the smell cues the wake up in me.

MadHatter said...

Love the sleeping in your clothes idea, I KNOW that would help me.

I also want to join in on the exercis accountability thing--I need it badly.

WanderingGirl said...

You know the best thing? I don't have to wrestle on the jog bra in the wee hours of the morning. Because really? That just seems like an overwhelming amount of work at 5am, and the thought alone will prevent me from getting up. But, if my bra's on, I'm like, "Hey, might as well get up, I mean, it's not like my bra isn't already on." I can't explain it, but it makes a world of difference to me.