Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Universe speaks

I like to think that I have a pretty balanced marriage.  But I think the Universe has other ideas about it.  I believe the Universe thinks I take the hubby for granted too often.  And likes to insert a subtle (or not so sublte) reminder of how I can't make it without him.  

Remember the sump pump incident?  (The first one.)  That occurred while he was out of town on business.  Yes, in the end I took care of it.  But I was also on the phone with him pretty much the whole time. (And when I wasn't on the phone with him I was on the phone with my dad.  Or cleaning up the mess with his dad helping me...)

I got another knock in the head this week.  Not so much one incident in particular - just everything in combination.
  • Since we had to wait for the epoxy paint to dry properly that leaves me stuck with starting to move things back in the basement.  I had to "borrow" the son of the next door neighbor to help me move the washer and dryer back into place.
  • Apparently every animal we own has decided to throw up on the floor this week.  In retrospect his is probably a good thing to happen when he's out of town....  (which is precisely why we own a nice steam cleaner.)
  • Due to the moving of the litter boxes upstairs and then back down for the painting project I apparently have a very confused cat.  Not good.  I awoke yesterday morning to find a pretty little pile-o-cat-poo in front of my china cabinet.  You know, where the litter boxes were before I moved them back downstairs.
  • I thought I was just going to pick up a little pile until I went into the family room and noticed a wet spot on the dog bed.  No, our elderly dog is not becoming incontinent.  It was cat pee.  The WORST!!!  Thankfully it was just on the bed (didn't soak through to the carpet or anything) so I can just throw the bed out.
  • Liam appears to bark incessantly when he needs out and you aren't there.  Well I guess I didn't hear him barking because I found a nice dog poo in front of the sliding glass door.  Where I'm sure he was trying to patiently wait for me to let him out.  And didn't make it.
Did I mention everything except the first bullet happened on Monday morning?  What a greeting for the week.. (and it continued with me getting to work to find my computer had crapped out...)

Needless to say I threw my hands up in defeat and called Stanley Steemer.  They are coming this afternoon.    Luckily they are still running a special.  'Cuz at this point I didn't care if it was going to cost my $500.  And the cleaning ladies come tomorrow.  I'll have everything back to "normal" by the time he gets home on Friday.  I really think it would have been easier to just throw a kegger while he was gone...

Don't get me wrong, with six animals we deal with this kind of stuff all the time.  Just not all at the same time.  Ugh.

Hey Universe.  If you're listening, I get it.  I'll stop taking the hubby for granted.  Please just stop throwing all this crap at me. (literally.  You're really funny....not)

2 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

i guess the universe decided to take a week off from sending me that message! instead, i'm being clobbered at work with all sorts of bad karma (not quite sure who i killed to deserve all this, but...whatever...). i'll be sure to say "thank you" to coach today just to be safe, though. ;^)

Christy said...

Really, I would not have taken those things to mean that you need hubby as much as you need to not take your animals so forgranted... :) Love ya!