There's a little place right down the street from my house that I like to stop. I don't need anything fancy or particularly obscure so it suits me just fine. (Although I have been assured that if I do require something they don't have they will gladly get it for me! ) It's in a little strip mall - with only a dry cleaner and an insurance office. So when I pulled up imagine my surprise when I saw tables set up with vodka on ice, T-shirts and balloons!
It must be legal or else they wouldn't be doing it out on the sidewalk - but when I got out of my car they guy behind the table offered me a sample of his company's flavored vodka. I understand that companies to do with food at the grocery, etc.. but with alcohol?!?! And inside they were giving samples from a boxed margarita too! It seemed a little odd, but then again the samples were exceptionally small. I can't imagine them giving out free drinks and having you get back in your car to drive home. (talk about liability!!)
I did try the vodka - I was offered Grape. It was good but I don't think I would buy a whole bottle of a weird flavored vodka unless I was having a party of sorts. But with the free sample came a shirt.
I am now the proud (or embarrassed) owner of my first liquor T-shirt. From Three Olives Vodka. Their tag line is a bit... um, shall we say, questionable??
Here's a print ad.... need i say more??
And the front of the T-shirt.
It's an XL which won't even do for a sleep shirt for me. (I'll just end up tangled up in it.) And the hubby can't wear it out - because usually when he leaves the house he's going to coach a bunch of high school boys. Can you imagine if he showed up with this shirt on??? (not to mention that it says "Three Olives Vodka" on the back...)
So what to do with it?? Donate it? I actually think it will become a "car towel" for washing the car. Because there is a little bit of my mother in me (don't EVER remind me I said that...) and I don't want to donate it and worry about what people would think about the fact I have a liquor shirt...


1 comment:
McGuyver recently had some samples at the liquor store here too and I thought that was strange.
What to do with the shirt......wear it somewhere that liberals congregate..."O" has a whole 'nother meaning with some crowds....or save it and wear near the time of Oprah's last show..
Post a Comment