But there was sooo much food that I brought more in the office on Friday and we continued the celebration with leftovers in the office kitchen. I DID get a picture of this. (That's Funny Lady in there.)
Here's some pie. This picutre is for you Tif!!
The cookout at the house was good... unfortunately is was so DARN HOT that we could all barley stand to sit under the umbrella out on the deck. Everyone lingered inside (in the AC) for a while before heading outside and talking. When I mentioned going back in to get chips and other munchies everyone got up and went inside and ate everything while standing in the kitchen. (I only have a "one butt" kitchen so I was cramped with 8 of us in there...) While we were inside enjoying the comforts of the air the hubby was outside yelling at the grill to start properly. Luckily finally getting it to cooperate. The only reason everyone went back outside was because he brought the burgers inside and everyone filled their plate. The reasonable next step was to go outside and sit and the table and eat.
Again - hotter'n hell outside still. No breeze. We sat around talking for a while and then I suggested we get dessert and to do the champagne toast for the newlyweds! I didn't have to ask twice! Everyone was back in the kitchen. We stayed inside for the toast and to enjoy FL's homemade strawberry pie. YUM!!! After dessert was over everyone left.
The heat wave is supposedly over - but it's suppose to get up to 90 today. (which is cooler than last week!) And I'm now making sure I take full advantage of my pool!!



1 comment:
NOW the pool makes sense, well thank God!
Post a Comment