Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Already "one of those days" and it's not even noon...

Ok, as I'm writing this is past noon.  But that's only because it took my computer that long to get to this page.  It was before noon when these thoughts started.

My work computer is acting up again.  I swear it's not me.  But it really is.  Let me clarify - I'm not getting into the "innards" and trying to fix issues myself thus more royally screwing up my computer. (and we all know someone like this...)  I appear to have electric or magnetic hands or something.  Whenever I'm around a computer for a period of time it goes hinky.  I don't know why.  It just does.  That said - don't let me near your computer... 

One of the main issues I'm having - my computer won't open programs, specifically PDFs.  Which was frustrating when Bagel Boy came in first thing this morning needing me to open and review some PDFs.  Well, I can't.  Can you print them out for me?  I'm not trying to be a princess but I'm having computer problems again...

And then some people out of the office start acting like infants (that would be non-communicating, panic-ridden children) and I'm bombarded with emails and excel attachments with "can you look into this?!?!"  Well, I would if I were able to open the excel files.  Ok, they opened but not in what I would call a "timely fashion".  I know I have no patience but when I click a file to open, get up, go to the restroom, come back and it's still not open?  PA-LEASE!

And combine that with many other "issues" this morning and I already want to call it a day. 

Which is a good thing I start his running program at the Y tonight.  Of all nights I'm going to really need it today!  The program goes through the middle of December.  The idea is to keep you running even when it's cold outside.  So every Wednesday at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 7am I'll be outside with a bunch of other nutters running in the cold.  I believe they give us personalized running program to do on our own aside from the two organized runs.  I have a feeling I may be doing those on a treadmill.  Let's face it - sometimes it's just waaay too cold to run outside - like whether or not my snot is freezing on my face. 

But today looks like a beautiful fall day outside and I'd rather be "out" than "in".  Alas, I must stay inside in order to earn my paycheck.  I'll have to remind myself what a great job I have one day when the rain is pouring down... or worse, when we have snow  up to our private parts...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My computer has been acting up for awhile and it got so bad I finally broke down and let Glen re-install the OS. Which meant I had to re-install all of my software too, but it's working great now. It was a bit of a pain, but it had almost become non-functional and I have a thousand photos from a wedding to edit. And since I didn't charge the bride and groom enough to buy a new computer, that was my only option.