Friday, October 01, 2010

Chlorine - an effective, yet painful sinus rinse

I've been in Canada this week for work.  Unfortunately my phone plan does not include any internet access when out of the country so I couldn't do any quick blog updates or check FB or anything of that sort.  I could have plugged in at night at the hotel, but folks I was pooped!   Each night I came home from dinner and went to bed.   (in my defense I usually didn't get home from dinner until 9:30 or 10pm...)

Since my training session with TM I was trying to find a way to incorporate swimming while I was on this trip.  Lucky for me there was YMCA located right across the street from my hotel!  Two separate mornings I got up early and went to swim.

Ok, swim might be an overstatement....  I spent 30 minutes each time doing the drills TM showed me during our last session.  In between the drills I would swim a "regular" lap.  For some reason the more I swam the more water I got in my mouth, up my nose, in my ears, in my eyeball!!! (somehow a bit of water slipped in my goggles.  I still haven't figured out how that happened!)  And when I say "the more I swam" I don't mean the further into my 30 minutes.  That would make sense because I would be getting tired and sloppy.  Nope - my Thursday swim was lots worse than Tuesdays.  That doesn't make sense because I would think I was getting better at it, not worse.

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it....

But I have been getting a lot more water in places it doesn't belong.  Especially up my nose.  Which burns like a mother.  So I would like to apologize to the members of the London, Ontario YMCA Centre Branch for any inadvertent snot rockets that I may or may not have left in the pool.

While writing this it reminded me that I have still been swimming with only one suit.  Yes, WG, I can hear you now "swimming with one suit on should suffice"...  So I went online and purchased my second suit from splish.com.  Of course I got one on sale 'cuz I'm like that.  (unless said item is a Clark shoe...)


Once I confirm my size with this company I'm sooo getting the Wonder Woman suit or what I call the "Super Hero" suit!!



2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Are you shitting me? I NEVER believe in having only one of anything! I would have bought BOTH of the other suits right off the bat. I might go get them now. And I don't even swim. I mean I can, I just don't. I just like to play in the water.

emily said...

1. you can never spend too much money on Clarks!!!
2. it doesn't matter how much those super hero suits cost, you better buy the both . . . they freakin' rock!!
3. i'm officially afraid to swim in a ymca pool now that you've so clearly associated them with snot rockets in my mind . . .