Thursday, October 21, 2010

Internet Idiocy part II

Have you ever watched a show where they show you the suspenseful ending first and the rest of the story is how they ended up there in the first place?? This is that kind of post.

I just opened the browser on my phone with the intent of checking email. My phone browser keeps your last search on the screen. So imagine my surprise when I opened my browser to find....
A close up of a naked man's "micropenis". (The wikipedia entry, if you're interested...)

Not what I was expecting. I was momentarily disoriented. Then I remembered what I had been doing. It was innocent I SWEAR!

Now I feel compelled to explain how I got there.

Earlier today I was reading one of my fav sites, slate.com. A woman had written in to "Dear Prudie" how she's been dating this great guy but after their first sexual encounter she was disappointed to find that he had an extremely small penis.

The response partly included a quick reference to the medical condition "micropenis" and the fact that Prudie googled it before responding to this reader's letter. I was curious and wanted to do the same. Not because it was male genitalia but because I admit to having a perverse interest in abnormal medical conditions. (I totally want to go to the Mutter Museum in Philly!)

Of course I wasn't going to google "micropenis" on my work computer. I know they don't monitor our computers but I didn't want to chance it.

So I looked it up on my phone browser!

And that's why I just gave myself a shock when I just opened my phone browser only to see a real "micropenis"!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

The Mutter Museum will freak your ass out. Seriously. There are things in jars there that I will never get out of my mind!

emily said...

Thanks ladies, now I HAVE to google micropenis and Mutter Museum. . .