Monday, October 11, 2010

I love fall!

Have I mentioned fall is my favorite season??  I LOVE it!  Where we live we usually get, oh, three weeks of fall before the depressing winter sets in.  I don't know if it made the national news but the last few weeks we've have rain of biblical proportions - luckily no sump pump failure this time! - but there might be a day here and there that peeked through of TRUE fall.

And I just saw the weather report for this coming week.  It looks FAB!  Highs in the low 60's, high 50"s....  clear or very slight cloudy sky....  leaves are still turning...  THIS is Fall!

And how do I like to spend fall?  Outside with a big cup-o-Timmy's!

Outnumbered asked me "what about the Tim Bits"??  I should explain:  "Timmy's" is my affectionate name for Tim Hortons - only the best coffee EVER!  "Tim Bits" are their version of donut holes.  But that's not how I spend my weekends.   As soon as I get up I brew up some Timmy's coffee at home and then head out to a great little local bakery for some yummies.  So I'm still getting my favorite coffee and still supporting a a local establishment.  And I love this bakery - not only are they yummy but they open at 6AM so I can go as soon as I get up and walk right in with my cup of coffee, still in my jammies.  That's my kind of place!

If you've never heard of Tim Horton's it's understandable.  It's a Canadian coffee/ donut place.  Their only US locations appear to be in the Eastern US along the Canadian border.  I was first introduced to Timmy's when I live in Toledo, OH.  We now have them here!!  Several have opened in the past year in our town and surrounding 'burbs.  I'm in HEAVEN!! 

 I'm not a Starbucks fan - I find it bitter as though they over roasted their beans.  I was a huge Dunkin Donuts fan but I find the coffee tastes slightly legume-y.  I don't know how else to explain it.  I'll still drink it if Timmy's isn't around....  But Tim Horton's is definitely the BEST!  I can even get ti in the grocery store!

If you are a big coffee drinker at home let me know.  I WILL send you some Tim Horton's to try.  Let me know!!  If you're sold I'll send you cans to keep you stocked!  (ok, you'll have to pay me for the coffee if I start buying you big cans...) 

No comments: