Our main office likes to do "fluffy" things. So much so they actually have a club called the "Happy Club". Folks I can't make this stuff up. Usually our office gets left out of their organized activities because, well, we're 4 hours away. And we're fine with that. None of us are too keen on driving 4 hours for an afternoon cookout with the rest of the gang. And none of us really want to spend more than 2 - 3 hours of forced participation with the other 4 people in the office to entice us to organize our own party.
But during the holidays the Happy Club events usually just consist of monetary handouts. (I'm sure they have parties at their location but we'll be happy to just partake of the money. We aren't kidding anyone here....)
So at Thanksgiving they sent me gift cards to give to my 3 people. Oh, did I mention that managers are exempt? Yeah - in my office there are 5 of us, 2 of us being managers... But that's ok. I'm not complaining because I know what they make and I know it means a lot more to them than it would to me. (not that money isn't good to get no matter what your income... but you know what I mean.)
For the "winter holiday" for some reason they sent a check to my boss for $150, not to me. Which doesn't make sense because the purpose of the check is to cash it and give $50 to each of my 3 people. Anyway he gave me the heads up so I could hand out the money at our "luncheon" this Friday.
I came back from lunch today with a Hallmark bag on my desk. In it were 3 Christmas money cards and 3 - $50 bills. Ok, I get it. We discussed this. So I go to sign each check "Happy Holidays from the Happy Club".
I read the first card. "A little something since it's Christmas and because you're special"
Cheesy but ok. I sign it, stuff it with cash and move to the next card. It's the same card. ok.
Then I go to the third card.
Uh oh. Houston, we have a problem.
My "Second-hand man" has worked here now three years. It is no secret he is JEWISH!!! And my boss just bought three CHRISTMAS cards!
No problem. Luckily my SHM has a good sense of humor about these things. I simply modified his card.
"A little something since
I hope he doesn't mind the green and red poinsettia theme of the card....
Note: I went and told my boss to just stick to cashing the checks next year because he totally screwed up the card part. From now on I'll take it from here...
1 comment:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....that is funny :)
Post a Comment