Monday, December 20, 2010

Hope you don't get it

I hope you don't get what I have.

Last Sunday it started with a "rough" throat and sniffles.

Proceeded to a completely plugged head on Monday and Tuesday.  By Wednesday the plugged head was receding but a terribly sore throat set in.

By Thursday I had a clear head but the flames of hell were continually licking the back of my throat where my tonsils used to be.  Along with this came the lovely altered voice.  Not a sex, deep voice of a 900-number operator.  Nope, the gravelly voice of a 3-pack-a-day grandma.  This continued through the weekend.  The throat would try to get better but a hacking cough decided to take up residence that would re-inflame my trying-to-heal throat.

Today my throat does not burn.  For the first time in a week.  But I have the fabulous "dry heaving coughs".  (definitely not to be confused with just "dry heaves".  VERY different...)

Hopefully I will not wake up every three hours tonight wracked with dry coughs.  I'm pretty sure I'm tempting fate with the biggest choking hazard ever by popping a cough drop at 3am and laying back down to sleep....

No comments: