Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Trying to remind myself

I'm trying to remind myself of what's really important in life.  Because right now I just want to rant about stupid things.

Like the fact that I've been sick for OVER a week and a half.  ENOUGH ALREADY!  Can I just get better and get one good night's sleep without having to wake up in the middle of the night to a coughing fit, followed by gulps of water only to still go back to sleep sucking on yet another cough drop??

Side note:  This morning at 4AM I woke with the aforementioned attack and went back to sleep with a cherry cough drop in my mouth.  ('cuz I finally got smart and bough another flavor other than honey lemon because I'm sooo sick of that flavor after a bazillion days of it in a row...)  My alarm went off at 7AM and I still had that sucker (pun intended) stuck to the roof of my mouth.  (which I guess is better than having choked on it in the middle of the night.)  I sat up and had a tickle in my nose and then proceeded to let out a sneeze.  I'd say a big sneeze - but let's face it.  All my sneezes are big.  I'm no dainty sneezer.  Then I panicked and started looking through the comforter and blankets because I lost my cough drop mid sneeze.  You'll be happy to know I found it.  On the carpet.  Good thing I moved to cherry because a honey-lemon colored drop would have been harder to find on beige carpet.  just sayin'....

So - back to my rant.

And then I wake up with lovely 'stash zits.  These are the beauts I get when I wax my 'stash.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  But I got them today.  Figures...  So I put some "adult blemish cream" on them.  (shouldn't that be an oxymoron??)  and they seem to be clearing up... still my luck.  I noticed one below my lip.  Which - by the way - isn't a 'stash zit.  Must be from my cold/ cough drop drooling in the middle of the night.  Hey - I never claimed to be pretty....

And then today I get sacked with cramps.  I hardly ever get cramps!  Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?  Isn't there some rule about kicking someone when they're down???

And now I just found another lovely pimple trying to make it's way in the crease of my nose.  Should've known that one was coming.  I've been blowing my nose all week.  I'm actually surprised it didn't show up sooner.

But of course all this happens during PRIME HOLIDAY PHOTO SEASON!!!!

Ugh!

Please do not be surprised when you see family holiday photos of me with a bag over my head. (red nose ringed with dry skin bits from all the nose-blowing, 'stash zits (and others), dark rings under eyes due to lack of sleep... you get the idea...)

I hope y'all have a fabulous holiday and please be sure to wash your hands and use LOTS of hand sanitizer!  You do NOT what I've had.  I promise.  Because it will linger forever and you will eventually get cranky as I have here. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn hormones! Just email me your holiday photos and I'll Photoshop the zits away. :)