Friday, April 22, 2011

Deep Breath

But not too deep 'cuz I didn't schedule Stanley Steemer until May 7th.  Well, go ahead.  I do have a Yankee candle goin'...

  • Left beautiful, sunny tolerable weather in Miami for cold, rain and wind to come home - Check
  • Most emotionally stressful work week (in at least 5 years) over - Check
  • Comfortably (ok , not really "comfortable") snuggled in with the "kids" since being home - Check
As soon as I got home and sat on the couch I had at least one dog and two cats on the sofa with me.  The cats, specifically ON me.  When the hubby got home and saw it he mentioned that they did not do that at all while I was gone.  Not sure if he said it because he was trying to make me feel better (because I was still in a funk over the week) or if he was a little jealous....

Same story at bedtime.  Everyone wanted on the bed.  And on my side.  Reis (orange kitty) jumped on the bed and I made the mistake of moving the book I was reading to see who jumped up.  Reis took that as his cue and immediately stepped up and curled up on my chest - right where I'd hold my book.  Hmmmm.  How to read??  I finally had to move him.  The hubby tried to get the cat to come over and lay on him (to give me a break.  Having all these animals is sort of like having a few small kids sometimes.  Especially if you've been gone a while.  They all want your attention and all at the same time.  It can get old, quick.)  But Reis wasn't interested.  But he'd moved enough to where I could get my book back up in front of my face before he found a new place to settle.

And as I'm writing this I've had Karl and Jax curl up and snuggle on either side of me.  (and the hubby just came downstairs, saw this arrangements and started singing a made up song "crazy cat lady".  I always tell him he'd better not die young and leave me alone with all these cats.  Because I will be a crazy cat lady!!)

I have today off so I'm taking several more deep breaths and trying to finish decompressing from my trip.

No comments: