Have I mentioned we have a zoo at our house?? Needless to say we should have bought stock in Stanley Steemer a loooong time ago. I'm sure I've blogged about this before (or at least some of this) so hang in there with me...
It's that time of year again where our back yard is a green swampy mess. Good because the snow is gone and the grass is now green!!! Bad because the ground is saturated and easily turns to mud. Like when Liam jumps off the end of his ramp. He now jumps into a mud puddle he's inadvertently made. Nice... We have a steam cleaner for spots and "in between" cleanings. But it just doesn't get the job done like Stanley.
Even though we try to wipe off their paws and try different products (like the balloon-type paw covers) our carpets look AWFUL!!! It's an annual ritual that we have Stanley Steemer come and do the downstairs carpets. Usually I wait until the end of May but I have to host Bunco the second Tuesday in May so we're bumping up the cleaning schedule.
But one twist we've thrown into this whole carpet issue is aging dogs. Read: incontinent dogs. Yep. I am admitting to this on my blog. And I understand you may never want to come to our house after you read this. Although I define "good friends" as those that overlook your mess anyway.
Nikki had "picked out" a spot in the living room to sneak and pee when she wanted to be passive aggressive. This spot turned into the place she went when it was raining outside and she refused to pee outside. (cranky old lady...) Finally we smartened up and started buying "pee pee pads" and laid them over her "area". Takes 2 pads to cover.
Although I admit not smart on our part - but we NEVER trained the dogs to use the pads. However, they both figured it out!! (fakers. they keep acting dumb to get out of trouble but they're a lot smarter than they let on....) It started with Nikki peeing on them. Well, kinda. She'd squat on the edge. Not all would get on the pad but the majority would and that made cleaning the rest with our steam cleaner a lot easier. She's since gotten better with her aim although she rarely needs to use the pads. But they are a good back up plan!
A year ago we had to put Liam on a reduced calorie food. Apparently it works but packing the kibble with TONS of fiber. Poor guy now poops 4 - 5 times a day. Seriously. There have been times where he hasn't "told" us he has to go and instead has just walked to the pee pee pads and pooed right on them instead! I find it quite amazing since we never trained him to use them!!! There have even been 2 or 3 incidents where we've found where he's stood over the 2 pads and perfectly peed on them too!! (They are super absorbent pads designed for adult dogs....)
Ok, so enough about the bowel movements of my canines. Because now I fear I'll never see any of you ever again in person....
1 comment:
Don't feel bad about the dogs. There is a whole group of kids who do this too!
If we lived closer, not only would I come to the incontinent fun house, I would throw my kids and their poo in the mess and then spring for the cleaning!
Post a Comment