Sunday, April 03, 2011

Winds of Change

I'm sure you've all been there at one time or another - but I'm in need of a BIG change.  Sometimes a drastic haircut (or color) does the trick.  Sometimes it takes moving across the country.  I'm working out the details, but between job disillusionment and a hell of a winter I'm greeting spring with a big middle finger. 

Not that it's spring's fault.  But since she's technically not here yet she deserves something for being late.  And if I go outside and gesture to the current season it truly deserves it too for hanging on like a bratty younger brother.  As I mentioned in a previous post, this winter really had me down.  I'm having a hard time shaking it.  It's not all winter's fault.  (but we'll blame him because it's easiest.) 

I've been in my currently location for almost 7 years.  As some of you may know, that's a long time for me in one place.  I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Well, if it were a place with nicer year-round weather and more opportunity for me I wouldn't be complaining.  But it doesn't have nice weather and there's no opportunity - so I am. 

I know - no one comes here to read me bitch.  So what I'm trying to say is this - I'm working on a big change.  Like I said before, I'm still working out the details.  As soon as I get them all straight - or at least an outline - I'll post them.  I have a feeling I'll need some moral support from friends once I put a plan in place.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to get this plan worked out.  But I'll tell you this.  It's going to start with another "decluttering" of my life.  As in "stuff".  I keep telling the hubby we have too much "stuff".  He disagrees.  Whatever.  I can't make him do anything but I sure can do something with my "stuff".  As soon as I get off this blog I'm heading over to Craigslist to list some stuff.  I feel so much more emotionally lighter when I unload myself of material things.  I'm sure there's a lot of psychological reasons as to why that is.  I think it's simply because it makes me feel more mobile.  And I mean that in the simplest of ways.  I don't have as much junk to wade through in my own home.  (man, I make it sound like we're hoarders!!  we're not.  I promise!!)  And I mean it in a deeper way - if I do move it's just easier to move less stuff, even if someone else is paying to move it.  Because let's face it - I'm still the one that has to unpack all the stuff at the other end....

Just talking about organizing has already lifted my spirits!!  I'm off to Craigslist!!  (anyone want a free antique pump organ??  It's yours if you come pick it up...)

No comments: