I came across a FB post from someone I went to HS with that insinutaed, what i could only assume, was that her childhood home was being sold and she was coming home for the wkend to say goodbye.
Not being a sentimental person myself, my first reaction was " big deal. You're an adult. Move on." But then the part of me that I've "worked on" reminded me that many people don't move during their lifetime (at least not towns) and that the sellign of a chilhood home could be construed as painful.
I was 14 when I had that "painful" move. Since then I've never felt "settled". (Much to the chagrin of my parents and husband.) But that's probably a totally different psychosis to be investigated at a different time.
Back to FB. So this person said she'd be in town and posted her number and a message for people to get in touch with her during such and such date.
Really. What are you? F-ing royalty?? Peons should get in touch with you since you announced when YOU will be available??
I can't put my finger on why this rubbed me the wrong way. But it did. I;m not in the town so it matters nothing to me but I thought it quite presumptious? Snotty? Hoity toity? Asinine??? Take your pick.
I like FB because it has allowed me to recoonect with a few faces from the past. Othr than that it's evil. Because people dont have manners, plain and simple.
That's all I'll say about that,
(Please excuse the spelling and grammatical errors. My droid has no grammer or spell check....)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
No comments:
Post a Comment