For the past few weeks it's been like having a newborn. Up in the middle of the night. (On a regular basis) sometimes doing laundry in the middle of the night. (But I'm pretty sure that stage has passed. Whew!) A while there we couldn't leave Nikki (dog) unsupervised. At all. Had to call a friend to come sit with her a few hours once.
This week I've had cats at the vet for check ups that turned into a cat needing surgery. As a matter of fact - he's sitting here cuddled up to me still groggy.
And Nikki is getting noticably senile. Ever since her mini stroke about three weeks ago she's definitely not been the same. So this week has been tough especially since the hubby's been out of town. It's hard to focus on a race when so much else is going on. (Did I mention work is exceptionally busy too??)
Right now I just want the pressure of "training for a race" over with. Because the next few weeks are still going to be hell. The hubby will be gone again the following week to Boston for a huge regatta so big he'll be gone way more than just Saturday and Sunday. Then I leave Monday for the week, come home for the weekend and leave again for over a week. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around things should have settled down a bit.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
No comments:
Post a Comment