Last night I realized how many conversations I have with the hubby that start with "you'll never believe what your wife did this time..." If only I had a nickle for every cringe...
Even though KVeg has literally been working 70 hour weeks for the past, oh several months, she graciously went and had dinner (and dessert!!) with me so I didn't have to go home to an empty house last night. The hubby is at the largest rowing regatta in the US this weekend and I have no dog to hurry home to. And as it turned out, the cats could give two rats' asses that I even exist at this moment.
We went to this great Thai restaurant. You know, the kind that looks like a hole in the wall but it's where all the natives go. It's on the main drag in town. Or I suppose you could say "city" because it's not in the suburbs. It's the "City". Lots of businesses, restaurants, etc. But certain parts of it may or may not get a little dicey after dark. Just stick to the lighted areas and you should be ok.
We were leaving the restaurant around 7:30 - definitely dark outside - to drive to a place to get dessert. As we were walking out to the parking lot I was telling KVeg that I had lost quite a bit of weight running and unfortunately was going to need some new pants. (unfortunately cuz y'all know how I hate to shop!) To demonstrate said weight loss I unbuckled my belt, stuck my thumb in my pants and pulled them out to show the gap - just as a car was pulling in the parking lot - shining their headlights right on me!
What did I do?
I panicked.
I suddenly felt guilty (I don't know why) and scrambled to rebuckle my belt. As I was doing this it occurred to me that I looked like someone doing something very lewd in a dark parking lot in a not-so-nice part of town.
What was KVeg doing this whole time? Laughing at me.
Later that night when the hubby called I started out the conversation with "You're not going to believe what your wife did this time...."
No comments:
Post a Comment