Sunday, March 18, 2007

I stand corrected.

Last night I was on the phone for a total 3:15:06… most of that on hold. Finally – when I was able to talk with a human (see previous post) I reminded myself “this is not her fault – be nice.”

First of all I want to apologize - I DIDN’T get the NWA agents name!!! Northwest, if you’re reading this look through your records and find her because she deserves a commendation!!! And I forgot to get her name!!!! She was very friendly, mind you. I expect she wasn’t feeling very friendly deep down due to the million calls she’d been getting…

I had a small problem and explained it to her. I go into the involved explanation of unique circumstances which I won’t bore you with here. The gist being that I can’t get on the first part of my itinerary tomorrow because I can’t get home due to weather to get on that plane. But I need the other 2 flights on the itinerary to stay the same and not be cancelled. By the way – I already bought a ticket – on NW, and first class! - because that’s the only way I could get where I needed to be at the right time!!!

The agent was very friendly and apologized for having to put me on hold again. She would need to clear it with a supervisor. Every few minutes she would come back on the phone to let me know she hadn’t forgotten about me but she was still on hold too waiting for the supervisor. I told her not to worry. I was sitting at a friend’s house, playing solitaire on my computer with my cell phone plugged in beside me (because it almost ran out of juice during the previous 2 hours of wait) with it on speakerphone. I’m cool. I can wait longer – not going anywhere.

Long story short, when she gets the situation “cleared” she gets back on the phone. I leave it on speaker phone. I’m on the sofa, playing solitaire with a gin and tonic in my hand, Christy is sitting on the footstool with a glass of Cab and Ann is in her leather chair with some pure-liquor drink – not sure what it was…. When the agent gets to the punch line “Yes, you’ll be able to keep the other two flights without boarding your original flight in Syracuse tomorrow” Christy and Ann break out in yeah’s. Since the agent is on speakerphone she can hear all of it and starts to laugh.

“Are those your friends??” she asks. Of course they are!! I have very supportive friends! Then, as she’s still laughing, she says “sounds like a bottle of wine is involved!” MAN – she’s quite astute!! She REALLY deserves an award. She can solve my problems AND she telepathic… or something….

Rarely do you get this kind of customer service anymore – especially from an airline – ESPECIALLY when they’re overwhelmed due to weather cancellations or some other huge delay issue. I truly appreciated not only her help but her attitude. Now I’m kicking myself for having that second gin and tonic and thereby forgetting to get her name so I could give her props to her boss!

NWA agent – If you’re out there you did a great job!!! You were helpful AND funny – a rare combination! Take care – and I stand corrected about NWA!

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

Good for you! But I am still disgruntled with them for cancelling my flight, more than a week in advance, with no inclimate weather involved, therefore making me leave my friends early. Booooooooo.