Ok, so being on the road so much is definitely interfering with my blogging. Sometimes it's hit or miss with internet connections or I might not get back to my room until really late - in which case I'm NOT staying up any later than I have to in order to post... Sorry - I love you guys but you know how cranky I get on a less-than-full-night of sleep.
So.... Let me update you on what's been going on here. Last week I started out with our rep in DC. Nice guy. Vaguely resembles Bob Dole. I'm not kidding.... Nothing exceptionallly exciting to report.
But I would appreciate some advice on something that did happen... We went to visit one of his accounts - the director is a good guy. I gave the director my card and he jokingly said (good thing he was a nice guy or he might have gotten a snotty retort...) "Product Manager, huh? How did you get to be a Product Manager? What are you? 18? 19 years old?" Ok, I should take it as a compliment - but it still irritates me because I'm trying to come off as an authority on my products.
I know, you're wanting to know what I did say, right? I immediately shot out "no, I'm 31!" Even I know this wasn't a good answer... which is why I'm asking for advice.... so next time someone makes a comment about my age I am prepared. (this has happened a few times already but I never have a good response....)
So - moving on. I then had to drive to London, Ontario Thursday and Friday. Not much to say about that trip. I mean it was only Cananda.... ; )
Now I'm currently in LA (or there abouts) for a sales training session. I flew in last night and had dinner with Christy and Ann. Got a chance to see the pups and kitties. Avey Bear has a stylish new cut. I'll try and snap a picture before I leave and post a before and after. It's quite striking! : )
Did I mention that we have our managers meeting next week in San Antonio? Well, not usually something I'd write about but I have just been informed that I will be playing golf. I'm not happy about it. And I have no choice in the matter. Not a good situation. Why am I not happy? Let's see.... FIRST - At last years meeting Janet and I (the only women) weren'teven asked to play golf and we got to spend the afternoon at the spa!! SECOND - When I lived in CO I took lessons and played a few rounds of 9 one summer. And I haven't played since. That means I have not played golf in 5-6 years and even when I did play it was only for ONE SEASON. This translates into "I SUCK". This wouldn't be so bad except I have to play with a bunch of serious golfers. What's worse is that I dont' think we're playing a scramble. It's team A against team B - all scores counted. I feel bad for the team that gets me.....
1 comment:
When people tell me I look younger than I am, I pat my cheek and say "Thank you. I pay a lot of cosmetic companies a lot of money to make sure you always think I'm young and naive."
Works every time.
Post a Comment