Today my little Nicole Joan had surgery. She had a fatty tumor removed from her chest - a big one too! It was about the size of a racquetball. It had been tested on several occasions before and didn't show anything abnormal but the vet thought it best to remove it due to its size.
Plus - she was due to a good teeth scrubbin' as well!
I will be leaving to pick her up from post op here in a few mintues. I'm staying home with her tomorrow (David's out of town...) It'll be just us girls sacked out on the sofa (ok David - just me on the sofa - Nikki on her doggy bed) watchin' TV all day. (ok, anyone reading form work - I will have my computer with me and will probably check it AT LEAST once... ; )
Which brings me to downer news. Our fabulous vet, Emily Duggan, is leaving Syracuse. I'm very sad to see her go. I know I speak for the rest of the SIX animals of ours that she treated that they will miss her terribly. Man - a good vet is hard to find these days (evidenced by us moving vets around once we moved here.)
Now - I'm not too particularly worried about a replacement vet- our hosptial is an AAHA certified hospital and they have two other great vets - one actually that did Nikki's surgery today. I'm sure we'll still be in good hands - just will have to spend time getting to know a new vet.
Help me wish Dr. Duggan and her hubby good luck in southwestern NY, even if it is with a sniff, sniff and a tear, tear.....
No comments:
Post a Comment