Friday, June 22, 2007

The difference between boys and girls

Wednesday David and I met with our adventure group and did a 20 mile bike ride on the Eric Canal path. After all this time, David still didn't own a pair of padded shorts - a MUST in cycling. Since he had been complaining about his sore butt the last few times we went out ridding I told him just to go buy a pair for the Wed. ride - they're worth it.

So, Wed. afternoon before the ride he bought himself a pair. You know, the "cool boy" kind - padded bike shorts underneath with the loose cargo shorts outside layer.

We're in the car driving out to the canal.
D: these shorts are kinda weird. I've had them on since I bought them.
me: all afternoon?
D: yeah. they weren't too bad at first, but the padding in the crotch is a bit strange to get used to.
me: yeah, now you know it feels to have wear a pad.
D: *silence. no smart ass come-back*

I guess somethings aren't as funny to men as they are to women....

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Maybe he was on his period, or PMSing.

Anonymous said...

Poor David! Quit picking on your wonderful husband... He does watch NASCAR....

Anonymous said...

Even funnier..during my recent medical drama, my sweet husband actually puts pads in my underwear--despite the pain, watching him figure out "wings" was hysterical!!! That's love, baby!
TB