This past weekend my Aunt Newlywed, Aunt Martha Stewart and cousin Lossie came to visit!!!! I was SSSOOOOO excited! None of them have ever come to just visit me!!
Ok, I must explain the nicknames...
Lossie - that's been the 'cuz's nickname at her house forever.
Aunt Newlywed - she's just been remarried for 3 or 4 years. (less than me and the hubby!!)
Aunt Martha - as long as I remember she's always had the perfect Martha house and entertains just as fancy!! ; ) This IS a compliment.
Hmmm... what to do with guests that are here only from Friday night thru Sunday??
Wine trail, of course!
Us + wine = serious entertainment!!!
Aunt Martha-ism: well, it's carved in concrete!!
(This is the same aunt that coined "well,, it's just water over the bridge!")
I can't post lots of the really funny conversations - I promised I wouldn't. But let's just say that Aunt NW had to give Aunt Martha quite the education!!!! I think my Uncle would die if he knew what his wife learned this weekend!!!! : )
So Saturday we did wine all day and BBQ for dinner. Unbeknownst to me it was parents weekend at the university so we waited TWO HOURS for a table at the BBQ place. But if you come here to visit you must eat there. It's rated the best BBQ in the USA!!!
On Sunday we just hung out at the house and....
....watched Twilight!!!!!
Yes, I introduced the fam to my obsession. Luckily Lossie seems to think RPatz is as sexy as I do. But something about him scared my aunts... Aunt NW kept asking me what was going to happen and commentating through the whole thing. Aunt Martha kept making fun of Kristen Stewart. I'm not sure either of them really watched the movie!! (although in my defense they asked to watch it - I didn't push it on them)
Note to self - don't watch a movie with the aunts....
Also I got to hear a lot of family stories that I'd never heard before. Aunt NW is 4 years younger than my mom and Aunt Martha is about 6 years older than my mom. So I got to hear some stories they remember growing up in a rural area of WV. It's very interesting!!
I had a great time and I'm really glad they came to visit. And I want to thank my fabulous hubby for chauffeuring us around the wine trail and just putting up with us otherwise for the weekend.
Pictures to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment